Re: installation oddities

I solved many of the problems I reported,
and in particular the unknown syscall.
Martin Michlmayr helped me through.

The bug is that /var/cache/debconf/config.dat
is not being updated, so that debconfig fails
so horribly to trigger that funky syscall.
If you do not beleve me, then try editing
that file, remove an entry, then try configuring
the relative package. Nice bug eh?

Now, what might be the reason causing debconf
not to update config.dat? A completely missing
entry should be a good reason for debconf to
add the entry, I think. So, why is it failing?

-- Bob