Re: evolution builds for powerpc?

> bonobo-conf and evolution) and it worked. So my question is, why do
> these packages not go into the archive, when the builds for powerpc seem
> to work?

Short answer: buildd lag. Long answer:

Because there currently is a single powerpc autobuilder, with a single
person to operate it (getting successfully built packages uploaded still
requires signing the upload as human intervention). And, last but by no
means least, because all this is done on a volunteer basis, and Real
People often have Real World Jobs that tend to get in the way of volunteer
projects. The autobuild machine being located in the US, it builds everything
but non-US - I take care of non-US manually as time permits (meaning checking
the status database every few days, building a batch and uploading the
packages that built OK. Again, shit happens and Real Life gets in the way.
Does that answer your question?

Solutions: register as a Debian developer, and upload those packages you
build for powerpc yourself. That'll lighten the load of the autobuilder.
Please play nice and tell Dan (who's running the autobuilder) you're
taking care of that particular package so he can exclude it from
autobuilding. The more people help out this way, the better.

Side note: this or related questions have been answered on this list a
few times over the last weeks. The list archives might have answered it
already ...

	Michael