Funky Console Color on Bootup

Hello everyone,

I've got an interesting problem: when I boot, using the 2.4.8-pre3-ben0
kernel, my console starts out being neon green, and the text messages that
are printed to the console not just in different neon colors, but also are
cut in half, with the top on bottom, of each letter. In other words, if you
took the lower half of each letter, moved the top half that's left to the
bottom, then put the lower half where the top half had been, that's what I
get when I boot. KDE works just fine. Interestingly, the little penguin
picture in the top left corner of my screen is also just fine. I have a
Voodoo3 card, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the help!

Russell