ibook2 hangs during install

Howdy;
	I've just been trying to boot my ibook2 using a set of 2.2r0 cds (using
the 'debian video=ofonly' boot arguments) and it appears to boot fine, loads
the installer; the problem is I press 'continue' following the welcome
message, then it just sits and hangs at the 'Please wait while the installer
determines the next step needed' message.

	I'm sorry if I'm repeating anything here; I seem to recall seeing
something similar a while ago but a trawl through the archives didn't reveal
anything.

	Does anyone have any ideas on how to progress?  I intend to dual-boot
(with a shared partition) so I might be able to boot from a macos partition,
and I'll also upgrade to testing as soon as I can get an initial install.

Thanks, Mark.

--
Mark Hepburn
Engineering/Computer Science, University of Tasmania