Re: installation oddities

Previously Bob Hunter wrote:
> I am having serious difficulties with the postinst scripts
> of the following packages:

Nice, second bugreport with the exact same problem.

> I would like you to guide me to a finer trace. It is really strange
> that I am the only one here having these installation problems.

It's a powerpc problem. It seems the gcc on powerpc miscompiles gcc
and inserts an impossible syscall instruct (look for syscall_ in the
strace). Can one of the powerpc people take a look at this?

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |