Re: Questions about notebooks and Debian

John Hughes <john@fallenbit.com> writes:

> Hmmm, nothing truely official I guess test wise. I own a dual PII 233,
> k6-266, PII300, Cell 300a(over clocked at times, but not at the moment),
> Athalon 800, PIII 450, Sparc 20(dual 55mhz), U1 170. I have owned and gotten
> rid of quite a few more...including a number of laptops. Upon which I have
> run linux on all of them. My opinion...and yes, let me emphasize _opinion_,
> is that my iBook2 _seems_ to perform at about the level of a Cell 300a
> desktop across a wide range of tasks.

What about the hard disk?  If you're like me and keep a lot of
applications open under X, and switch back and forth between them,
you're going to be in a little bit of swap.  And the disk in my TiBook
seems incredibly slow compared to the disks in other machines I have.