[OT] 'double' replies

"Jeremy T. Bouse" wrote:

> P.S. - please don't reply to me personally and the list as I don't need
> double copies...

Nobody 'needs' them, but I actually consider them a service which helps
circumvent list lag. List posts often take considerably longer to reach me
than direct mails do, and it has happened quite a few times that I replied to
a post and got at least one reply before I got my original reply back from the
list.

And in contrast to the double copies, annoying complaints about them can't be
filtered...