Re: gpm & X settings for titanium

Michel Dänzer <michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch> writes:

> With Xkb, you probably need XkbModel "pc104" or any pc variant with
> Linux keycodes, "macintosh_old" otherwise. Without Xkb, it should
> work either way.

Yep, "pc104" works for me with Linux keycodes.

> Don't enable AGP GART (we don't have support yet) or DRM in the
> kernel.  Instead, build the DRM from XFree86 source. There have been
> links posted here to tarballs of just the necessary source to do
> that.

Hm, direct rendering can work without kernel support?   Interesting.

Is there any way I could just drop a new upstream tarball into the
Debian XFree packages, frob a configure flag and debian/rules, and
expect it to work?

Or do you just 'make install' into /usr/X11R6?  That seems kinda
ugly...I'd rather not walk all over my Debian packages.