More modem trouble...

 I am still having trouble getting wvdial to see the modem( pismo
 powerbook). Minicom seems
 to find it (i can do ATZ and ATDT and get the PPP server to give me
 prompts and such) but wvdial trys to send an ATZ and just says the modem
 is not responding.

 This was happening with my 2.4.6 kernel, so I tried upgrading.  I rsynced
 the latest (2.4.8pre3) from penguinppc.org, yet I get the same problem.

 I CAN get the modem working fully (wvdial, pppd, etc) using an old 2.4.3
 kernel I happened to have laying around in my boot partition

 Maybe im just not configuring the kernel right.  I configed the powermac
 serial port, but i might be missing something else.

 Attached is my .config file, if anyone is willing to prod it....

 Thanks,
 Gaby
 Gaby Levinson
 glevinso@cs.jhu.edu