Re: Gnuermic compilation

EMail from Paul Talacko <talacko@yarn.demon.co.uk> to debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org with message <[🔎] 20010801100707.A932@euterpe.yarn.demon.co.uk>
On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:07:07 +0100 Paul Talacko wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My laptop is off being repaird *again* by Sony, so I'm trying to get gnumeric
> for my potato on this ppc machine.  When I download the source (from gnome.org) and
> run configure, I get
> the error that libxml is too old and I need to upgrade.  Currently, I have
> libxml 1.8.2.  The latest gnumeric needs l.8.14, and an older version that I
> also downloaded wants 1.8.6.
>
> So, my questions are: is 1.8.14 or greater available in 'unstable', or already
> compiled format?  If I upgrade libxml, will I break anything else?  Finally, is
> there an already compiled version of gnumeric that will run on debianppc
> potato, which would make my life easier?

Hi!

ii  gnumeric       0.67-1         GNOME SpreadSheet

In sid you can get this one ...

Why don´t upgrade to sid or woody ?
Had no big problems with my pismo running sid for more than a half year ...
only some dependencies of kde and gnome were broken sometimes.

Perhaps you can downcompile the sid libxml and sid gnumeric on potato ...

look at www.debian.org at dependecies so you have all libs to compile libxml.

cu,

Michael