Re: Modem problems...

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:30:34AM -0400, Gaby Levinson wrote:
> I have a pismo powerbook and I am trying to get the modem working.
> Running kernel 2.4.6pre my modem onlky works in minicom.  WVdial cant find
> it.

you need the macserial thing, either as a module or compiled into the kernel,
do not compile standard serial support as that is not for ppc. Once you have
that the irda interface and modem interface will be avaialble, once they are
for use you need to have at least the init string ATX1 for using with the
pon providername or if you must wvdial connection mechanisms for it to work.

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh