Re: Icebooks

On Thursday 26 July 2001 04:20, James Tyson wrote:
> My modem appears to work fine under Linux.
> Also, I am testking Jack's alpha sound drivers, and it seems to work
> reasonably just now. Ofcourse, no mixers or anything flash like that at
> this stage, but it's a start.

You are talking about the iBook2's yes? How are you accessing the modem? What
are you compiling into the kernal to get access to it? Where are the sound
drivers? Are they accessable? I was aware of that kind of support for
firewire iBooks.....but not iBook2's because of the "Tumbler" audio chipset
that runs in conjunction with I2C bus. Please, can you send me more info?

Thanks

John Hughes