Re: Icebooks

On Thursday 26 July 2001 12:34, Mark Brown wrote:
> Before I go and do something stupid, does any one have any particular
> (dis)recommendations about using the newer iBooks with Debian?  Looking
> at the spec and grovelling around on the web it seems they do reasonably
> well.

Its a bit more work, and sound and the modem don't work as they are dependant
on I2C bus....what that means I am not all that sure. this is my first mac.
There are people working on it. Hopefull soon sound at least will be a
reality. Everything else is really amazing. Decent performance....incredible
battery life. Usb, cdrom,dvd,cdr,airport,10/100,Xfree 4.1 acceleration of
video card all are workign well. If you are not new to Linux then I whole
heartedly endorse the new iBooks. If you are new......it could pose a very
steep learning curve.

John Hughes