right mouse button emulation

Hello everyone,

I've looked through the archives about this, but didn't get a definitive
answer to this question, and besides, for me it's actually a little more
complicated than that: I know I have at least a right (or center?) mouse
button, because when I push the command key, I can move windows around
without a menu bar --> just point my mouse anywhere in the window, put the
command key and the mouse button, and the window moves.

This would be fine except that I've got buttons stuck on my task bar that I
can't get rid of using the same technique -- command-clicking the buttons is
the same as just clicking them...

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Russell