Endless loop

Hey everyone,

On my Beige G3/266, I'm trying to make an actual boot-floppy (because I
happened upon an x86 machine that I want to put debian on). But I'm stuck. I
hear the disk running in the drive, but it's been doing that for at least 6
hours now. I can't kill the dd process I started to make a root.bin disk,
even using the "all powerful" kill -9 <pid> command.

Other than restarting my machine, is there any way to get this to stop?

Thanks!

Russell