Re: Can anyone help test CD images?

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 12:00:19AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 08:52:47PM -0400, Austin M. Brower wrote:
> >
> > Holding "C" worked.  I did not have to use OF or yaboot or any other fiddles.
>
> good, did the yaboot prompt show up?  i added a new image
> debian-novideo for people with new fangled video hardware the kernel
> doesn't know what to do with.

Yes, the yaboot prompt appeared.  I tried debian-novideo and it worked fine.
Can there be more information printed before the yaboot prompt?  In the i386 Boot Floppies, some helpful text is prepended before the boot prompt, giving the user some clue as to some of the options.  This'd be great if one didn't have hands on the docs.

> > The first CD is readable under MacOS as Mac OS Standard format.  The rest of the CDs appear to be ISO9660 with the Rock Ridge extensions.  (Got all those trans.tbls when looking around under Windows.)
>
> good thats the way its supposed to be.  all CDs mount under GNU/Linux
> as ISO9660 right? (including CD1)/

Yes, all CDs mount under GNU/Linux successfully as ISO9660.

> also if anyone can make available a *permanent* distribution of bootx
> in netatalk format (as a .tar.gz) i think i should be able to modify
> debian-cd so it will be on CD1 in unpacked format.  this would
> eliminate the encrpyted .sit archive we currently ship (which is all
> benh provides) and eliminate the need for any kind of extraction
> program to be used.

I can uncompress BootX onto a netatalk drive and make it into a tar.gz, if it hasn't been addressed by someone else on the list yet.

--
Austin Brower
bobman@psouth.net