Re: firewire, printing, and sound on iBook DV 2K

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 04:26:21PM -0600, thus said Jason E. Stewart:
> Yes. Look at linux1394.sourceforge.net. They have a recommendations
> page.

Okay, cool.

> Unless you've got an x86 box, I wouldn't run out and buy things just
> yet. The code to get firewire working on big-endian systems isn't even
> in CVS yet.

Yah, good to know. The point is I would be using the disk under native MacOS
with a digital video camera and iMovie2 to learn video stuff. One needs a
lot of scratch disk for that, and my laptop internal HD is too full. It
would work okay for that purpose until there is Linux support, so it wouldnt
just be used as a fishing bait until then :)

Hopefully someone will start a video editing suite for Gnome at some point,
I would love to help with the interface stuff etc.

Tuomas

--

.--->  tigert@ximian.com        .    |\,/|          tigert@gimp.org  <-----.
+---->  www.ximian.com         -  ()-@@  ,           tigert.gimp.org  <----+