IBM 43P, kernel 2.4.x, LVM, reiser.

hi

I have IBM 43P and want to use kernel 2.4.x with LVM and devfs and reiser
enabled. I have few problems. First I don't have framebuffer so I can't
start X when useing 2.4.x (S3 868 2MB RAM) is there any xserver for this
platform?
Second I have problems with LVM. It seems to work. I can do vgdisplay.
But can not mount any. I'm not sure how about reiser. Just it was used
on partitions made on LVM (they was PC disks earlier).

The most important part is that I get sig 11 frequently. For example
I can't recompile kernel when working on 2.4.x.

I prepatched sources with caro-min-2.4.x from:
http://www.amberdata.demon.co.uk/carolina/

thanks for any help

Artur Górniak <josh@josh.wcss.wroc.pl>

--