Re: broken libc6, looking for a working dpkg

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 12:19:46AM +0100, thus said Bastien Nocera:
> Hi,
>
> After downgrading my libc6 from 2.2.3-1 to 2.2.2-1, because the upgrade
> broke most of xmms' plugins and evolution (that even a recompile
> couldn't fix), I'm stuck with a version of dpkg that requires libc6
> 2.2.3.
>
> Does anybody have a binary of dpkg that I could use on a glibc 2.2.2
> based system ?
>
> Did anybody else have these plugins problems ? I reckon it could be a
> problem with glib's dlopen() code (not glibc, glib), but didn't have the
> time to investigate.

Ah! At least someone in the same boat I guess.. My Evolution broke as well.
I noticed gdialog segfaulted after the glibc upgrade, but recompiling the
gnome-utils package of which gdialog is part of, fixed it. Did you get
something like this with Evo?

	http://tigert.gimp.org/things/aieee.png

or is it something different? I am wondering why this broke, is it a
broken glibc package or my own fault, and how to fix it the right way?

Tuomas

--

.--->  tigert@ximian.com        .    |\,/|          tigert@gimp.org  <-----.
+---->  www.ximian.com         -  ()-@@  ,           tigert.gimp.org  <----+