Re: Migrating a pismo to a journalling filesystem

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 12:09:03PM +0200, Andrei Verovski wrote:
> >your probably better off leaving your root partition small, and ext2
> >(so you can boot, yaboot doesn't support anything but ext2 right
> >now. (yes i know about the unofficial reiser patch, it needs testing
> >first)).  then if you create the rest of your partitions strategecly
> >you can backup say /var to /home, mkxfs /dev/var, recopy /var back,
> >then do the same with /usr and such.
> >

> The current yaboot with reiserfs patch (avavilable on SuSE ftp) does NOT
> supports yet separate /boot ext2 and root reiserfs partitions (it throws
> in open formware). You have to make a single Linux partition or wait
> until yaboot will be fixed.

ok, thanks for the note.

however mainline yaboot 1.2.1 while NOT supporting reiserfs DOES
support separate ext2 /boot partitions.  just use yabootconfig to
generate a working config for this setup, or rtfm.  (don't ask me ill
just say `rtfm').

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/