Re: xfree86 4.1.0-0pre1v1 for powerpc at X Strike Force repository

No, we'll probaby have two keep different keymaps at least for the
international keyboards to work properly (no, haven't created a mac-de
yet, sorry!).

If such keymaps need to be created anyway, that can be done for Linux keycodes
rigth away, can't it?

Yes, that's what I was talking about, or rather, having complained that
the linux-keycode maps all have IBM layout, I felt obliged to contribute
at least to the console keymaps.

BTW, what is the great advantage of Xkb over just using the console
keymaps anyway? Personally, I've disabled Xkb practically since i switched
from Xpmac to XfreeFBDev, to have only one keymap to struggle with, and
this has always been working well -- except for a few problems with
the Mod keys which I solved with Xmodmap mainly due to laziness...

Xkb has nice features like disabling caps lock and probably plenty of other
stuff I don't know about...

Ah, when I was using it I still used an old 8100 with mechanical CapsLock ;-)
										Derek