Re: perl 5.6 problems

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 05:21:52PM -0700 or thereabouts, Peter Meilstrup wrote:
> Here is the lasest output of apt-get update && apt-get upgrade. It seems
> to be complaining about a Perl script, and will not go through with the
> upgrade. This seems serious; how can I fix this? I have tried running
> apt-get --reinstall on perl, perl-base and dpkg with no luck.

I had a similar problem once.  You can grab the perl debs and
install them manually with dpkg or get the perl sources and
compile it yourself, assuming you installed the development
tools.  The debian install is very dependent upon perl and if
it gets hosed your hosed. Unfortunately perl seems to get
broken more than it's fair share.

Fred