Re: Upgrade Problem

Russell Hires Wrote:

> Well folks, after my nightly "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade" for woody, I get the following error message:
[clip]

russell,
	I had this same error getting XFree4.1.0 Pre packages from http://people.debian.org/~branden/.  It looks like there were no MD5Sums created for the packages, but the build program put the line in there anyway.
	To fix this edit /var/lib/dpkg/available, go to the line that dpkg reports an error on and delete that line.  As not all packages have an MD5Sum, I gathered that that information was not crucial to the process.  There will be one more error of the same type, with one of the other XFree4.1.0 packages, fix it the same way.

My apologies that Reply-To and other useful data was not set in this message, as I accidently deleted your original.

Good luck,
	Austin Brower

--
Austin Brower