Re: booting 2.2r3 in a pismo

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 09:32:53AM -0400, johnathan spectre wrote:
> on 6/12/01 9:22 AM, Ethan Benson at erbenson@alaska.net wrote:
>

> > i would suggest getting debian CDs.  potato r3 will boot on a pismo.
> > we don't support linuxppc's broken distribution here.
>
> I'm sorry. I don't understand exactly what you mean by "Debian CD's", that's

all you mentioned was booting LinuxPPC 2000 CDs, LinuxPPC != Debian
GNU/Linux.

> what I thought I had. I downloaded them through www.linuxiso.org, debian
> distribution, powerpc platform, the latest they have listed is 2.2r3, 3 cd
> set. If you know a newer source please let me know.

if they are really potato r3 debian CDs they should boot on any
NewWorld mac.  if they don't reset your nvram by shutting the machine
down, and cold booting it while holding down the following keys:

command option p r

wiat for it to reboot itself 3 times or more.

then hold down the `c' key with the CD in the drive.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/