Re: Powerbook G3 1999 xfree 4.0.2 accel?

    Well, I got X to work with the ati driver finally. I used 4.0.3-3 for
everythiong except xserver-xfree86, which is at 4.0.2-7.

    The only problem now is that a 'startx' brings a blank screen that dies
after about 10 seconds. There is 'NO' error, just a die. I thought it was
all of X until I just hit a 'X' in shell and it brought up everything other
than a window manager. (I even exported a nice gnome hack on solaris I've
been working on. Looks great.)

    Is there any way to get an extended log for startx/xinit?

    -Matt

on 6/8/01 3:32 PM, Michael Schmitz at