Re: debian kernel 2.4.4 fails to compile

On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 10:29:18PM -0400, Russell Hires wrote:
> What I don't understand is that the Debian source doesn't compile right.
> I learned my lesson about PPC kernels from kernel.org...Of course, I
> don't understand that, either. But hey, whatever works! :-)

AFAIR there is a debian powerpc kernel patch package, basically debian
contains a seperate package to patch the kernel tree package source for all
the non x86 archs or some such (look at the kernel package setup) so you would
need to get the kernel source package and the kernel powerpc patch package or
something. Persoanlly I just always use a kernel I compiled by hand form one
of the rsync archives, dont thnk I have ever used the debian kernel source.

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh/