Did I produce a brick of my PPC8200?

I got myself an old PPC8200/120 (same Specs as
the 7200) and was/am about to install debian
2.2r3 on it.

The mac-harddrive is empty. There is no macos
on it.

As booting from CD did not work I used the hfs-bootdisk
together with the rootdisk from the ppc-debian-cd to
install debian.

That part worked well, but when rebooting
the machine the blank (rom?) screen came up and
nothing happend. I was able to use the boot/root
disks again and install again with the same result.

The rescue disk-image from the debian cd did
not work.

I booted into the debian Install-Menu and changed
to a shell to do two things of which at
least one must have fucked my mac up.

I tried a nvsetenv boot-device scsi-int/sd@0:0
as suggested in some mail I found in an archive
plus I tried runnig quik manually.

Both measures did not throw an error message
but I am now unable to see anything when booting
nothing happens. Neither does it try to boot from
disk nor displays anything on screen :-(

--
'Whatever the sun may be, it is certainly not a ball
of flaming gas.'