Re: pcmcia ethernet?

"Bradley C. Midgley" wrote:

> are there any known working methods to do pcmcia ethernet?
>
> as i plugged an ethernet cable to my powerbook recently, i felt a static
> shock. now ethernet fails to work (the hub carrier light briefly blinks

Yaow.  That sucks.

Pcmcia ethernet works fine.  Just get a card.  I think the tulip
based cards work pretty good.  A buddy of mine uses the Linksys
cardbus 10/100 in his powerbook (don't know which one, it's a G3
though) IIRC, and the Debian pcmcia packages are pretty up to date
with the latest drivers and whatnot.