Re: postgresql?

> > for successful and failed logs (in my experience, the failed packages are
> > a lot more work). It doesn't hurt to have more than one reply for the
> > latter (buildd checks for that), and it might not even hurt for the
> > successful ones (that I haven't tried). In order to check files in the
> > build area, people would need an account on voltaire (all developers
> > have), but to modify files or change the chroot setup a bit more trust is
> > needed.
>
> I suppose.  It doesn't hurt to redo successful ones, just sends you an
> error message; but I am more worried about duplication.  And giving

Duplication (of builds) is prevented by using the same wanna-build
database. Each buildd runs wanna-build --list=needs-build and jots down
the first ten or so packages. If any of these turn out to be taken by
someone else when it gets around to checking them out, too bad, print a
log message and proceed with the ones that were taken successfully.

> more people root on voltaire is something I would want to avoid if
> possible, obviously.

Fine by me. Changing files and scheduling a retry isn't strictly legal
anyway :-P

But write access to the database is a matter of being in the voltaire
group, right?

postgresql built fine on my Lombard and has been uploaded to pandora in
the meantime. Is there a debian-devel-powerpc-changesd list to send
announcements to from dupload?

	Michael