Re: postgresql?

> > > The wanna-build CVS is public - it allows anonymous pserver, though I
> > > don't remember the account name.
> >
> > anonymous perhaps. I just don't recall the host name. Using CVS has some
> > benefits (as in: sbuild should know /var/state/apt moved to /var/lib/apt,
> > and maybe there's support for apt-source in there).
>
> :pserver:?@cvs.linux-m68k.org:/CVS, actually, modules wanna-build and
> srcdep.  I think ? should be "anonymous".

Oh that one. m68k.debian.org, now kullervo.biophys... You're lucky there,
it got hung up with some kernel problem today and I had to reboot it to
fix the root filesystem. I need to talk to Roman what else on that box
might need regular backup.

> apt-get source stuff is probably not there yet.

FetchFile to scan the pool really sucks :-(

> > > There is no base.tgz in unstable.  You need to use 'debootstrap', which
> > > I think works on PowerPC now - although I'm not entirely sure of that.
> >
> > What's that? Anyway, I brute-forced the unstable chroot by first feeding
>
> The replacement for base tarballs :)  The installer runs it to create
> the basic install from debs.

Basically what's been used in boot-floppies. I wasn't quite that desperate
yet :-)

> > the stable base.tgz to buildd-setup-chroot then dist-upgrading. The only
> > funny is /dev/null (permission denied reading and writing) which I
>
> Eh?  You shouldn't have to do that, and you really don't want to.  Are
> you sure the permissions on it were right?

The permissions are fine, so is major/minor. The chroot is on a separate
filesystem from / (but that works just fine on m68k). Weird indeed.

	Michael