Re: Powerbook G3 1999 xfree 4.0.2 accel?

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, jeramy b smith wrote:

> I thought this was a lombard powerbook? They are the first new world
> powerbooks. If this isn't a lombard, tell me so I can go out back and
> have my buddy use the cluebat on me.

Lombards are newworld, and should use yaboot. Older models (wallstreet)
might be oldworld and need BootX (but I'm not sure MacOS messes up the PCI
mapping on these machines). If your machine locks hard while starting the
X server, post the output of lspci -vv please.

> >     I will move to 2.2.19 today. Funny, I thought that I could >not< use
> > yaboot because I have an oldworld, that was the only reason I use BootX.

	Michael