Re: postgresql?

> > Fine, I'll be happy to answer any questions that might arise. If you have
> > access to the wanna-build CVS, get the stuff there. Otherwise, use the
> > latest source at http://people.debian.org/~cts/wanna-build/ and build it
> > on your PPC (just did that). Install sbuild and buildd and get sbuild
> > going (edit /etc/sbuild.conf.local and ~/.sbuildrc).
>
> The wanna-build CVS is public - it allows anonymous pserver, though I
> don't remember the account name.

anonymous perhaps. I just don't recall the host name. Using CVS has some
benefits (as in: sbuild should know /var/state/apt moved to /var/lib/apt,
and maybe there's support for apt-source in there).

> > The next task would be setting up the chroot environment, I'd prefer to
> > just copy the one Dan uses on voltaire for starters but he'd need to
>
> You don't really want my chroot.  I got absolutely fed up with "missing
> build dep" type bugs - enough port maintainers are handling that that I
> do not consider it my obligation to.  It has all sorts of crap
> installed.

Thanks, I'm one of the poor sods handling the build-dep stuff (my m68k
chroots are a bit too lean perhaps due to my half assed use of
buildd-setup-chroot). I know what you mean :-)
I ran du -sk on your chroot and figured it was less of a hassle to build
my own. First buildd-setup-chroot ate all of my VM, then /dev/null gave
'permission denied' errors, but I finally upgraded from stable to unstable
just fine. Amazing, if you stop to think about it :-)

> There is no base.tgz in unstable.  You need to use 'debootstrap', which
> I think works on PowerPC now - although I'm not entirely sure of that.

What's that? Anyway, I brute-forced the unstable chroot by first feeding
the stable base.tgz to buildd-setup-chroot then dist-upgrading. The only
funny is /dev/null (permission denied reading and writing) which I
replaced by a regular file. I had to apply Takashi Oe's bmac patch to get
a stable network connection but that was about it.

I'll bug you about wanna-build access some more as soon as I've built
something bigger than wanna-build :-)

	Michael