Re: postgresql?

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 04:48:56PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > We're currently running six machines for m68k. One has the database
> > > locally, the others use ssh for wanna-build. I fail to see the problem
> > > here (other than getting enough people to process the logs, of course).
> >
> > Although my time is limited, I'm willing to do my share of this work if
> > someone fills me in.
>
> Fine, I'll be happy to answer any questions that might arise. If you have
> access to the wanna-build CVS, get the stuff there. Otherwise, use the
> latest source at http://people.debian.org/~cts/wanna-build/ and build it
> on your PPC (just did that). Install sbuild and buildd and get sbuild
> going (edit /etc/sbuild.conf.local and ~/.sbuildrc).

The wanna-build CVS is public - it allows anonymous pserver, though I
don't remember the account name.

> The next task would be setting up the chroot environment, I'd prefer to
> just copy the one Dan uses on voltaire for starters but he'd need to
> create a tar snapshot from that first. If there's a base.tgz for unstable
> we can create the chroot environment from there though. I've not found it
> in the package pool so if someone can point me to the proper place I'd
> appreciate that.

You don't really want my chroot.  I got absolutely fed up with "missing
build dep" type bugs - enough port maintainers are handling that that I
do not consider it my obligation to.  It has all sorts of crap
installed.

There is no base.tgz in unstable.  You need to use 'debootstrap', which
I think works on PowerPC now - although I'm not entirely sure of that.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team