Re: special sybols on German Mac Pro Keybord

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 03:12:12AM +0200, Karl-Heinz Haag wrote:
> With my G4 Cube I got the USB 'Apple Pro Keyboard' with german keycaps.
I've a G4 but had the new USB-keyboard working - so probably its no
difference ..

> I don't see how to manage typing several important symbols in the Linux
> environment (for the MacOSes I could detect them).
> I am only using the console up to now.
>
> 	the symbol for 'pipe' --  |
> 	the symbol for 'at'   --  @
> 	the 'backslash	      --  \

What keymaps you've choosen with kbdconfig (mac-de2-ext should work)
@ should be alt-q on konsole, for instance ...

> What can I do if not putting that Apple keyboard away?

It should work, I have'nt read greater problems on the list with cube G4...

> But if so, which apple compatible keybord could be the alternative
> under Linux?

Some report working with USB-PC-keyboards with i386-keymaps ...

--
mfg

Georg Koss

mailto: g.koss@eunet.at