Re: postgresql?

> > Which, of course, raises the question: why isn't there a powerpc buildd
> > outside the US? Related question: why is Dan the only one running a
> > powerpc buildd? Is tervola still down? Any other powerpc machines on
> > permanent net connection that could be used for this?
>
> It's administration of multiple daemons for one architecture that is
> the real issue.  I'm still trying to come up with a good solution for
> this - it's about half written, I think...

We're currently running six machines for m68k. One has the database
locally, the others use ssh for wanna-build. I fail to see the problem
here (other than getting enough people to process the logs, of course).

> > Some may let non-free stagnate but non-US seems to hold up main here. If
>
> That's impossible.  Nothing in main can require non-US - period.
> That's policy.

Fine.

> > you could send me a list of non-US packages needing built I can try to set
> > something up (after working out perl and autoconf related kinks in the
> > m68k buildds, and finding a disk to build on). I'd use wanna-build on
> > voltaire myself if I could ;-)
>
> You can't :P  For the same reason voltaire can not build them itself, I
> think.

Huh? All I said is I can't use wanna-build on voltaire (permission
problems). Not that I want to use voltaire to build non-US packages (that
would be a creative interpretation of export regulations :-). I don't
think the fact that the database resides on a US machine conflicts with US
law, right?

If you'd set up the cgi-bin script to query (only --info and --list=) the
database via web interface I wouldn't even need to log on to voltaire.

Same for the archived logs script, for developers to look at all of the
logs themselves. I can send you the scripts used on kullervo if they
aren't in the wanna-build cvs.

> Well, maybe you could.  But wait until I move the database to
> ftp-master, anyway.

Fine by me. I'm not keen on the job anyway. My build machine would be a
Powerbook, and that means it's not going to be online all of the time. If
there's someone else who would like to volunteer, I'd be happy to get you
started on setting up the autobuilder.

	Michael