Re: Install on 466 MHz G4?

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 03:27:40PM -0600, Mark K. Gardner wrote:

> 6) When prompted to set up booting from the hard disk, I escape to a
> shell and install yaboot:
>
>   mkofboot --boot /dev/hda9 -m /usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot --root \
>     /dev/hda11 --partition 11
>
> 7) Finally I reboot expecting to finish the Debian install. Instead
> MacOS boots.

what version of debian are you installing?  potato r3 should be fine
as you did it, but potato r2 very well may have failed in this
manner.  follow suggestions posted by others regarding using the CD to
boot from the root filesystem.  then install the current yaboot from
potato r3, or better the yaboot from sid, its more reliable.   edit
the default /etc/yaboot.conf to fit your system and rerun mkofboot -f

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/