Re: Install on 466 MHz G4?

"Mark K. Gardner" <mkg@lanl.gov> writes:

>   Welcome to yaboot version 0.9
>   Config file read, 158 bytes
>   Image not found.... try again
>   Warning ! default close called !
>   boot:
>
> At this point I have no idea what to type! Would someone please
> enlighten me on what I should do? Does anyone know why installing on
> my 466 MHz G4 should be so different from the 2x450 MHz G4 at work?

Somehow I managed to recently do a potato r3 install, but not install
a kernel image.  My suggestion is to boot from the CD, using your disk
as the root filesystem:

OpenFirmware: boot cd:\\yaboot

yaboot: debian root=/dev/hda11

That should at least allow you to boot into Debian and see if you have
the same problem I did (no kernel image in /boot).  If so, a quick
'apt-get install kernel-image-2.2.19' should hopefully do the trick.

I hope this helps!