Re: postgresql?

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 08:09:52PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > Being dual-processor has nothing to do with it :)  It could build
> > non-US, but is not allowed to.
>
> Which, of course, raises the question: why isn't there a powerpc buildd
> outside the US? Related question: why is Dan the only one running a
> powerpc buildd? Is tervola still down? Any other powerpc machines on
> permanent net connection that could be used for this?

It's administration of multiple daemons for one architecture that is
the real issue.  I'm still trying to come up with a good solution for
this - it's about half written, I think...

> > > packages outside of the US?  I don't pretend to fully understand the
> > > US export regulations...  How do the other arches deal with this?
> >
> > They build outside the US, or let non-US stagnate.
>
> Some may let non-free stagnate but non-US seems to hold up main here. If

That's impossible.  Nothing in main can require non-US - period.
That's policy.

> you could send me a list of non-US packages needing built I can try to set
> something up (after working out perl and autoconf related kinks in the
> m68k buildds, and finding a disk to build on). I'd use wanna-build on
> voltaire myself if I could ;-)

You can't :P  For the same reason voltaire can not build them itself, I
think.

Well, maybe you could.  But wait until I move the database to
ftp-master, anyway.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team