Re: switching to linux keycodes in woody

On   5 Jun, this message from Ethan Benson echoed through cyberspace:
> I am wondering if there is any reason we should not switch woody to
> use linux keycodes by default and finally abandon the adb keycodes?

There should be none, except maybe MOL: last time I checked (which was a
few months ago), MOL wouldn't cope with Linux keycodes. If that problem
is solved, yo have my OK (not that I have anything to say here...).

> AFAICT all that needs to be changed is dbootstrap to use i386 keymaps
> on macs, the kernel-images to turn off CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES, and
> console-* to choose i386 maps on macs instead of mac keymaps.  the
> default X11 configuration would need to be changed probably as well.
>
> comments?  i think its much better to do this in woody before its
> stable instead of woody r2 like we did with the input layer.  ;-)

As long as the result is a consistently working system, I'm all for it.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |