Re: RFC: What should be done about kernel-image's bootloader questions

Okay, but the original question makes it sound like the user is still going
to have to have some idea about whether they have a new/oldworld machine or
not. I say there should be a utility for both the Mac OS and for Linux that
should be able to probe the OF and set the user on the proper course of
action, rather than depend on the user. That way if the user starts off with
a CD, the installer will know what bootloader to install...

Russell

      "I don't care if you're going nowhere,
       Just take good care of the world."
                            -- Depeche Mode