Re: woody apt-get dist-upgrade problem

On 3/6/01 at 2:16 PM, Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick <rafial@well.com>
wrote:

> I had a similar problem awhile ago going from
> potato r2 to woody.  In my case, I was able to
> solve it by using apt-get install dpkg to force
> dpkg to upgrade first, and then once I did that,
> apt-get dist-upgrade seemed to be able to
> proceed okay.

Hmmm - I gave this a try, but it didn't work - I continued to get the
same error as previously.

I tried just a plain apt-get upgrade as well, but this has caused lots
of other problems (eg, X doesn't work now, there's also some failed
dependencies like gnome-core appearing to depend on a version of
libcapplet0 that doesn't exist yet) and I think I might retreat to 2.2r3
until I understand things a bit better.

thanks

Alan

--

                Bìonn caora dhubh ar an trèad is gile.
          (There are black sheep in the brightest flocks.)

                <http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/dubh/>