Re: TiBook firmware update

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 03:07:34PM -0700, Wilhelm Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Since there have been reports of problems with Linux after installing
> Apple's latest firmware update for the Powerbook G4, I thought I'd ask
> TiBook users on the list if:
>
> a) they have installed the update?
> b) they have seen any problems after doing so?
> c) what kernel version they are using?

the only problems i have heard about the update is certain 2.4 kernels
fail to boot with it, this has been fixed for awhile so any recent
2.4.4 should be fine.  also 2.2.19 was unaffected so it works fine as
well.

i have recieved no failure reports from ybin users regarding the
upgrade, in fact i know a couple of them using the new security
features + yaboot 1.2.1's password protection.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/