Re: Powerbook G3 1999 xfree 4.0.2 accel?

"Matthew Bernhardt" <mbernhardt@truenorth.com> wrote:

>     Well, very productive day at work. :)
>
>     I tried a go at a 2.4.5-pre3 kernel optimized for ppc and had a no go
> with most of it's "enhanced" features.

What is wrong with 2.2.19? If you are trying to get a working system, use _trusted_ components first.

2.2.19 + XF4.0.2w/Ani's patches works fine on a Lomabard (or at least it does on mine which uses yaboot).

You can boot 2.2.19 and it will defualt to 1024x768@60, then you can run Xautoconfig and have a sane XF86Config-4.

You really shouldn't be using bootx at all since ybin/yaboot allows you to dual/triple boot. Bootx also causes cystic acne, migraine headaches, and early male pattern baldness.

--
-jeramy b smith

"Linux is Fun!" -Linus Torvalds

<begin netscape webmail spam>