Re: switching to linux keycodes in woody

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > I am all for this - APUS not having Linux keycodes yet is not an issue, it
> > > will keep Amiga keycodes, right?
> >
> > I don't know. Should APUS start using Linux keycodes too?
> >
> > I hope it's not the same as using PC/AT keycodes for everything, since we tried
> > that on m68k ages ago and it didn't work out at all, so we reverted and sent
> > the PC/AT keycodes with an old Sojuz into the Sun :-)
>
> It sure sounds like the old PC/AT keycodes game to me, the way people keep
> refering to it as 'i386 keycodes'... Are you sure that Sojuz wasn't
> destined to MIR?
>
> As I recall the problem was with Amiga keyboards, right? What exactly
> didn't work?

IIRC, the main problem was that Amiga keyboards have some keys that do not
exist on PC keyboards.

Of course these days you can just map the good old Amiga keys to Windows keys
:-)

But I have to check my mail archive to be 100% sure...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds