Re: libc in Power3 [Was: Re: reiserfs empirical ...]

anton@samba.org wrote:
> > Where can I get some information about to fix libc for Power3
> > processor.  I'd like my RS/6000 machine (Power3) runs Debian
> > instead SuSE, but it's a broken libc.
>
> There are a few areas that libc needs to be fixed:
>
> debian installer ramdisk
> debian base tarball
> any updates after that
>
> On my first install I binary edited each of these but that is too painful.
> If you can install on another ppc machine then it is pretty easy to add
> a fixed libc just before swapping the disk back to the power3 machine.
>
> Longer term benh has fixes which once merged (into the kernel and glibc)
> will allow power3 to work without problems.

Hi Anton, thanks for your answer.

But, what are the fixes needed? Or just recompile a new glibc version?
(I don't think so, but... who knows).

I followed the usual procedure for that:
- Install any Linux
- Download base_x.tgz
- (cd /target && tar zxvf base_x.tgz)
- chroot /target (doesn't work obviously)

Thansk in advance,

--
German Poo Caaman~o
mailto:gpoo@ubiobio.cl