debian-powerpc: Airport with Titanium Powerbook

I'm trying to get my Airport wireless networking going with my TiBook. I have downloaded the latest kernel (2.4.5pre5) source from fsmlabs using rsync. I managed to compile the kernel but it crashes on startup. I have compiled most things as modules but the kernel doesn't even get as far as mounting the root filesystem. It crashes almost imediately from yaboot and drops into OpenFirmware.

Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.
What kernels are known to work with the airport.
Could you send me a copy of your .config if you have a working airport system.

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.