Re: woody apt-get dist-upgrade problem

At 10:28 AM +1200 6/3/01, Alan Macdougall wrote:

100% [Scanning packages] Template parse error near "" at
/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/Debconf/Template.pm line 60, <Template> chunk 3
E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt returned an error code
(29)
E: Failure running script /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt

Does anyone know what this means, and how I might fix it?

I had a similar problem awhile ago going from potato r2 to woody. In my case, I was able to solve it by using apt-get install dpkg to force dpkg to upgrade first, and then once I did that, apt-get dist-upgrade seemed to be able to proceed okay.
Eric: I want to live in a world where software doesn't suck //////////
Richard: Any software that isn't free sucks ////////// rafial@well.com
Linus: I'm interested in free beer ///// <http://www.3roses.com/> ////