Re: Specific literature/HOWTOs? .. and a comment

Hi,

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Georg Koss wrote:

> > time. Unfortunately no option for German key settings was offered during
> > install.
> kbdconfig on konsole

I tried to install mac-de-latin1-nodeadkeys with kbdconfig and ran into
a problem. First of all it doesn´t want to accept
mac-de-latin1-nodeadkeys and the keysettings are the same ("y" was still
on "z" and "z" on "y"). Loadkeys gives an error message: adding map 3
violates explicit keymaps line.  Unfortunately, kbdconfig doesn´t seem
to have a manpage.

I played a little bit around with other keymaps, e.g. loaded the french
keymap and tested it, just to find out whether a change of key settings
happens. And it seemed to work, because typing "y" resulted now in a "w"
on the screen. I didn´t load it as keymap, but despite of this something
changed and I am stuck now: My "a" is gone! I cannot get back into my
root account, because this letter is part of my password! (I guess, to
load the keymap anew it doesn´t suffice to just logout, because the
keymap is loaded during bootup ...).

I logged in as a user and tried to find an "a" somewhere, but was not
successful.

What to do now?

Bye,

Kerstin