Re: Specific literature/HOWTOs? .. and a comment

Hi,

first of all,

thanks to everybody who answered!

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:

> On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 10:49:19PM +0200, Georg Koss wrote:
> > >
> > Look at http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson
> > Basically you have to create a boot-partitio with the "type" bootstrap with mac-fdisk -C. Search also the archives of this list they are of great value!
>
> type Apple_Bootstrap
>
> case and precision is VERY important.

The Apple_Bootstrap partition didn´t make trouble. We encountered
problems when trying to set up the linux and the swap partition.
Although we were pedantic about case and orthography, but it did not
work out (at least as far as I remember, we have been copying the names
1:1.) and the entries in the partition table looked O.K.. But since it
worked after repartitioning under MacOS, we didn´t try further under
MacOS.

Regards,

Kerstin

--