Re: potato r3

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 10:38:42PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:
>
> > well thats normal... sortof.  the kernel is installed as part of the
> > `install OS and kernel modules' which copies the kernel from the
> > rescue image.  you should have at least had the quik cruft in thier
> > though...
>
> Well, I did skip the tasksel installation (by answering N to apt-get),
> because I was upgrading to sid anyways.  But I would think that I
> would still have had a kernel installed as part of the base system
> installation.  I did remove quik right after rebooting, so that might
> explain why there wasn't other stuff in /boot.

did you run the `Install Operating System kernel and modules' step in
dbootstrap?  (before the base install)  thats when the kernel is
installed.  i just did a potato r3 installation a week ago and did not
have a problem with lack of kernel.

> Ok, well, if there is going to be a potato r4, it would be nice.  I
> think running slowly is better than not running (or rather, not
> running usefully) at all...

we could add it to the yaboot.conf on the CD, but users will have to
do that themselves since there is no yaboot setup on potato.   (it
could be kludged in woody, but id rather not, by that time we should
have kernel patches anyway).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/